Eat*Drink*Cleveland

A hungry girl's adventures in Cleveland and beyond.

Red & White on Thursday Night 2016

The Arthritis Foundation's annual fundraiser, Red & White on Thursday Night, is one of my favorite events. It's the perfect excuse to head to Akron and I love getting a sample of their tasty food scene.

I started feeling sick earlier in the day, but figured it wasn't a big deal and my excitement about the event buoyed me. My friend EKC and I arrived early, and from what I heard, it was a good thing. People arriving later had a long line to greet them. I snapped a quick pic of the main event space before it got crowded and we made our way to the VIP area. 
There was a wine table, gift bags, a relaxing 10 minute chair massage and assorted pastries and coffee from Panera set up. After grabbing a glass of wine, we headed straight to the the best part about VIP - Dante serving up sushi. 

After we stuffed ourselves with tuna belly and salmon belly rolls and tuna on a Pringle, we made our way back to the main room.

By this time I knew that I wasn't going to be able to hang out all night because I was feeling worse by the minute, so we munched our way around the room to taste as much as possible. Yes, I'm that girl who can eat when sick. I was really bad about getting photos (sorry!) but these should make you hungry:
Mahi mahi taco from Nuevo - these guys will be opening a new restaurant on the
Lake Erie waterfront at E.9th - head to Akron for a sneak peak and be sure to check them out!
Dante Part 2 - this cavatelli was one of my favorites. I really loved
the freshness the pomegranate added
Candies were from Chocolates by Erin - these were so good
I may have stuffed a couple in my purse...
Melt managed to give us a sandwich...cookie! Two flavors,
this one and a chocolate with vanilla cream filling
I was super excited and beyond amazed to see these girls...
It's a Hero's Rachel and brand new Remy
...because the tiny little bundle you see here was only FIVE DAYS OLD and already at her first foodie event. 

There were a ton of great raffle items but I needed to head home. Some others included a blimp ride, wine and bourbon baskets, golf and spa packages and more.

It was another great event and I'm so glad I was able to attend, even for only a couple of hours. 

If you haven't explored our neighbor to the south, you really should! Akron has a lot of great eats. Make 2016 your year to explore the 330 - you won't be disappointed!

If you would like to donate to the Arthritis Foundation, click here. You can also follow them on Facebook and Twitter.


*Disclosure: I was provided VIP tickets for myself and a guest and 2 tickets to giveaway in exchange for 
helping to promote this event. As always, opinions are my own.*