Eat*Drink*Cleveland

A hungry girl's adventures in Cleveland and beyond.

Peanut Butter and Oreo Stuffed Brownie Cupcakes

Every now and then a recipe I find online stops me dead in my tracks. When I saw Picky Palate's Oreo and Peanut Butter Brownie Cakes, I knew I had to try them. Sunday's Brown's game pig roast was the perfect excuse.

It has all the best qualities of a recipe: easy, limited ingredients and delicious. I tweaked her recipe a little by only using one Oreo - I didn't want the cookie to overwhelm the brownie. If you like Oreos more than brownies, you can double up the cookie.


Peanut Butter Oreo Stuffed Brownie Cupcakes

Ingredients 
  • 1 package of your favorite brownie mix - I like Duncan Hines Family Style Chewy Fudge or Ghirardelli Double Chocolate
  • 12 Oreos
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
Instructions
  • Use a silicone muffin pan or line your pan with paper baking cups.
  • Using a small ice cream scoop, place enough brownie batter in each cup to cover the bottom.
  • Spread peanut butter on top of each Oreo.
  • Gently press one peanut butter covered Oreo in each cup, being sure not to press so hard that you push all the batter off of the bottom.

  • Fill each muffin cup, taking care to surround and completely cover the Oreo.

  • Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes.
  • For some added fun, you can add sprinkles or chopped nuts before you bake them or frost them after they are cool.



This recipe was a hit! If you like frosted brownies, definitely frost them - so cute! 

I couldn't find the orange Oreos but they would have been PERFECT for the Brown's party! Maybe I'll make some more for Halloween if I can find them. 

Next time I'm going to try letting them sit overnight in the fridge before baking because I would love for the Oreos to get mushy.