Eat*Drink*Cleveland

A hungry girl's adventures in Cleveland and beyond.

Wedding Dresses and a Winner

I'd like to start off by announcing the winner of the Great Big Home + Garden Show tickets - congrats to comment #9 @LauraFromOhio!! Please send me your email address.

While I haven't been posting about our wedding preparations, we are wedding central over here! 

Most of the big stuff is taken care of: ceremony, reception, photographer, DJ and so on. The one BIG thing that has been looming over my head is The Dress. I've been dreading shopping for it for a number of reasons: I hate clothes shopping. I'm not a size 2. They are SO expensive. The number of choices is overwhelming. And so on. Well, last night I finally bit the bullet and started my shopping.

The short version of the story is that I hated my sales girl. She actually yawned without covering her mouth and talked at the same time. Repeatedly. I NEVER want to witness that, but especially not when I'm shopping for my wedding gown! 

So maybe it was fate when The Gathering Place contacted me about their upcoming bridal gown sale. The Gathering Place is a non-profit cancer support center that has locations in Beachwood and Westlake. All of their services are free including support groups, nutrition classes and exercise programs. I'm a huge fan of this organization and am a bride-to-be so I of course wanted to share their fundraiser information with you!


What:     Vintage sample gowns in sizes 8 and 10,
              Donated of Brides by the Falls

Where:   4911 Commerce Parkway, Warrensville Hts 44128
              Located east of Richmond Road off of Miles

When:    Saturday, Febrary 9, 2013
              9am - 2pm




ALL of the gowns are $250, or less!! They will also have home furnishings and collectables available too. And all the proceeds will benefit those touched by cancer through the free programs and services offered at the Gathering Place.

Even if you aren't a size 8 or 10, wedding dresses can be altered to accommodate many sizes. You can add a corset or take it in and still get a gorgeous gown at an unbeatable price! 

Any questions about the sale? Call the Gathering Place at 216-595-9546. You can also follow them on Twitter and on Facebook.

*And if you want to win Save the Dates, please visit my friend Jessica's blog MojaMala2 by clicking here.*


*Disclosure: The Great Big Home Show provided the tickets for my giveaway and also two tickets for my personal use. The winner was selected using Random.org. The Gathering Place contacted me about their sale and asked me to promote it. No compensation was received. As always, all content presented here is my own opinion.*

Black and White Photo credit: Jeff Ivey
Color Photo: Gathering Place