Eat*Drink*Cleveland

A hungry girl's adventures in Cleveland and beyond.

This Week: Snout to Tail from Emerging Chefs



Last month, I attended the Emerging Chefs Garden Party. It was a fantastic meal from Chef Jeff Jarret at AMP 150. Some blogging friends of mine also attended. Check out Cleveland Food and BrewsPoise in Parma and Why CLE? for their thoughts and some great photos. The food was beyond amazing and I had a great time. Thank goodness I could taste! I think I was one of the only people who didn't miss the paired cocktails that night because I was sipping on hot tea. I didn't write about it until now because I was sick for a couple of weeks and then had surgery. 


I am finally back to normal just in time for their next event. At Garden Party we were teased with a pork plate from pig loving Chef Melissa Khoury and I've been thinking of pork ever since. 
Photo from Cleveland Food and Brews
From left: shaved lonzino, pork rillette and fennel mustard mortadella
She used to work at AMP 150 and now is at Washington Place Bistro in Little Italy. Special guest Ellis Cooley will be her sous chef visiting from his new home at the Bistro Ten Zero One in West Palm Beach to help out his former co-worker and friend. We are in for a real treat because when these two work together in the kitchen, there is sure to be magic!
The whole hog is the star of the featured menu at Snout to Tail. And a star it is: top quality pork coming fresh to us from Brunty Farms in Bath,Ohio. Chef Khoury will be cooking everything from the ears on down. Dessert also features pig - bacon grease will be used in a dark chocolate tart, and a frosty in a bacon salt rimmed glass will round out the finale. Just hearing this makes me want to squeal!


And this time, they will again be featuring cocktail pairings with each course. Look what they have on tap:


1st Course: Strawberry and Gin Lemon Juice and Soda

2nd Course: Old Fashioned with Mottled Oranges

3rd Course: Shandy with Wheat Beer

4th Course: Adult Shirley Temple.



Snout to Tail takes place this Thursday from 6-9pm. It's being held at the Dunham Tavern Museum located at 6709 Euclid Ave in Cleveland. The Tavern has a long history and is now a nonprofit museum. It has beautiful gardens and a lovely barn - perfect for an urban pig roast.


There are a few tickets available - you can get yours here.


If you want to learn more about Chef Khoury, click here to hear her Emerging Chefs interview.


And mark your calenders for July 2nd: next month, Emerging Chefs will be teaming up with Chef Brian Rosander at the fabulous Velvet Tango Room for "Last Tango in Tremont." My favorite place for a cocktail will certainly be a great showcase for Chef Roseander's talent - can't wait!


*Disclaimer: I am attending this event thanks to a media pass provided by Emerging Chefs. As always, my thoughts and ideas are my own. *


** Update: For the post all about this wonderful event, click here.**