Eat*Drink*Cleveland

A hungry girl's adventures in Cleveland and beyond.

A Taste of Thailand in NE Ohio

Update: I've tried all three!
Map of Thailand is now one of my favorite Thai restaurants in Cleveland. Also I stopped by Banana Blossom one day and got lunch to go. Cilantro is downtown Akron and a great place to get Thai food before a baseball game.

I love trying new restaurants. I recently came across this list of local ethnic eats from Positively Cleveland and there are some that I can't wait to check out. Amazingly, there are THREE Thai places I haven't been in NE Ohio! It's one of my very favorite cuisines so I'm amazed that I somehow missed Banana Blossom and Cilantro Thai.. I know that Map of Thailand recently opened but just haven't gotten there yet. Thank you to Cle+ because I will definitely be paying a visit to all three:

Banana Blossom Thai Cuisine
One of the newer kids on the block, Banana Blossom Thai Cuisine located in Ohio City does traditional Thai favorites in a bright and minimalist atmosphere. The orange walls are reminiscent of the spices used to heat-up most of the dishes on the extensive menu which features build-your-own curry plates, papaya salad, rice and noodle dishes.


216-696-5529

www.bananablossomthaicuisine.com

Cilantro Thai
There is something alluring about the high-backed leopard printed chairs and luxurious modern décor that sets the mood for Cilantro Thai in Akron. Classic soups like coconut milk and miso start the meal off and delectable dishes such as panang and duck curry, Thai fried rice and even a large variety of sushi rolls complete the dining experience.


330-434-2876

www.cilantrothai.com

Map of Thailand
Many herald the east-side’s Map of Thailand as one of the most authentic Thai places in town. With upscale details such as cloth linens, fresh flowers and clean, contemporary dishware, most guests don’t expect the extremely affordable prices (dinner entrees around $10). Map of Thailand also allows BYOB so guests can pair their favorite drink with a plate of drunken noodles. 


216-361-2220
www.mapofthailandrestaurant.com


Check out the list and see if there's any restaurants that you should be trying too.