Eat*Drink*Cleveland

A hungry girl's adventures in Cleveland and beyond.

Favorite Places: Jim Alesci's in Solon

New Year. New ideas. With this post, I'm starting a new blog feature, "Favorite Places." This is where I can show you some of my favorite places that aren't restaurants. Maybe a stand at the West Side Market. Or a boutique. Or even a museum. These are the places I shop at, visit and love.

I can't resist a good Italian store. For me, it's a delicious little slice of heaven filled with fresh baked bread, olives, tasty meats and cheeses, Italian cookies and candies, pasta, canned goods and wine.

So I was very happy when I heard Jim Alesci's in Solon was opening a new store. They gave up their cramped dingy space and moved around the corner to a new big gorgeous place that also includes a cafe where you can sit and eat. 
Solon
The change is really dramatic but thankfully all the good stuff they sell is still the same.

Prepared foods:
Solon cafe Italian salads pasta
Pizza by the pie or slice:
Solon Italian cafe pizza
Imported meats and cheeses:
So. Many. Olives.
They also sell prepared pizza dough that is perfect for pizza of course but we also use it for pepperoni bread, calzones and stromboli.

While their selection isn't as huge as Gallucci's, they have a solid assortment of Italian favorites that will make any meal extra delicious. Homemade gelato and delicious coffee too. They also offer catering. 

Jim Alesci's
32910 Solon Rd
Solon, OH 44139

Monday-Friday
9:00 am - 6:30 pm
Saturday
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sunday
10:00 am - 1:30 pm