Ingredients (serves 4)
- 3 T oil
- 2 c thinly sliced chicken
- 1 c chopped onion
- 3 T fresh ginger, minced
- 3 T soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c dried Wood Ear mushrooms
- 3-4 green onions, sliced
- steamed rice
- Saute onions and chicken in oil. Add garlic and ginger, mix well. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Soak wood ear mushrooms in very hot water while chicken is cooking. Once they are soft, drain well. If they are whole, slice into very thin strips.
- Add mushrooms to chicken mixture and cook 10-15 minutes. Add green onion and cook 5 more minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice.
If you find that you want more sauce, you can always add more soy sauce and a little water. You can get all fancy and add oyster sauce and fish sauce if you want but you really don't need too. For so few ingredients the flavor in this dish is delicious. If you want to spice it up a bit, throw in some ground chili garlic oil, chili garlic sauce or even sriracha.