We walked around the Coast Guard Station admiring the views, watching boaters and scoping out the food offerings. Soooo many great choices! Brunty Farms lamb burgers, Sauced wood fired pizza, coconut shrimp, lobster rolls, Mitchell's ice cream and more. Definitely not your average fair food.
|The Stan from Sauced|
We went inside to the chef demo stage to check out some of our favorite chefs:
|Anna of Anna in the Raw and Good to Go Cafe|
|Jeff Jarrett from Cafe 55 and Sterle's|
I was sad that we we missed Hey Mavis because they were performing the next night but Yosemight had everyone dancing and Brian Johnson was fabulous.
They also had Cleveland Water drinking water stations, recycling every where, plentiful porta-potties, eco themed booths and super helpful volunteers.
- Get pre-sale tickets - you not only save money but you get perks like free yoga
- Ride your bike! You save money on your ticket price and there's free valet
- Bring a folding chair if you want to sit - seating was at a premium
- Pace yourself - Great Lakes beer is strong so don't go crazy
- Divide and conquer - split food with a friend so you can taste everything
- Watch the chef demos - you get free samples of food plus a beer tasting
- Wear comfy shoes - definitely no high heels - there's lots of walking even if you hop on the shuttle bus and most is on uneven surfaces and grass
*Disclosure: I was 2 provided ticket for the
Burning River Fest in exchange for promoting the event.
As always, thoughts expressed are my own.*