Stuffed Cabbage Soup
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 medium head cabbage, roughly chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 8 cups low sodium beef stock
- 1 28 oz can tomato sauce or puree
- 1 16 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 c. ketchup
- 2 T worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup rice, uncooked
- 1/2 t. dried dill (obviously use fresh if you have it!)
- 1 T Adobo seasoning or seasoning salt
- 1/2 t Penzeys Spices Beef Roast seasoning (if you don't have it, you can easily skip it and add your favorite seasoning instead)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice bacon into slivers. Brown in large soup pot until crispy. Add meat and onions. If you are using turkey, you may need to add a teaspoon of olive oil. Brown for 10 minutes.
- Add all ingredients except rice. Mix well. Add water or additional broth as needed to create soup consistency.
- Bring to boil, then stir in rice. Turn down heat and simmer until cabbage is tender.
- We love it with buttered toast. Enjoy!