|This is the path!|
1. It's flat. For this girl that is beyond awesome!
2. It's paved (bonus yay!)
3. It's a loop. 13.5 miles and since it's flat and paved, any level of rider can do it. This was my first ride of the year and I did it easily.
4. You ride along the water. When we were there yesterday, there was a sail boat race of some sort that was fun to watch. Plus, you can hop off your bike and hit the beach.
5. The path is in dappled shade with cooling breezes. Last year we road in temps nearing 100 and it was still pleasant.
6. If you go the right time of year (now!) you can find blackberries growing along the path. The perfect snack!
7. There are benches and water fountains for breaks.
8. It's cheap! Can't afford a trip to Florida? For the cost of gas alone, you can have a great ride and a picnic on the beach.
|photo credit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presque_Isle_State_Park|
|At Perry's Monument|
Hot dogs rule the menu here and you can get regular (natural casings for the crunch!) or foot longs. The buns are from a bakery and toasted. They have a topping bar so you can create your favorite masterpiece. They also have hamburgers, chicken sandwiches and tenders, curly fries and handmade onion rings. Another unique thing about Sara's is that they serve Chicago-style Italian Beef Sandwiches! They look delicious but I had a hot dog so I could save room for a hot fudge milk shake too. They are also known for their orange sherbet that you can have in a vanilla twist cone. Next time!
|what a feast!|
|This is where you fill up your hot dog with tons of fun toppings|
You can see more pics by clicking here. Happy riding!