Eat*Drink*Cleveland

A hungry girl's adventures in Cleveland and beyond.

Thirsty Thursday 4 - White Sangria

Ever since I ordered my awesome pitcher, I've been thinking of making sangria in it. Last night was the night I finally fulfilled my fruity desires. Since the weather has been so sultry, I decided to try making white sangria for the first time. I had a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc that I thought would be a good fit.
For those of you who don't know me personally, I'll fill you in. I have a REAL problem actually following a recipe to a T! I always tinker with it even if it's a minor tweak. I just can't help myself!

So, with that being said, my white sangria ended up not really being white. Hell, it was more of a boozy fruit cocktail when I got done with it!


Here's MY version of it - feel free to tweak it all you want too!
  • One bottle white wine - reisling, sauvingnon blanc, or other fruity white will work - nothing too dry or too sweet
  • 3 fresh peaches, pureed
  • 2 fresh peaches, cubed
  • 1/2 fresh mango, cubed
  • a handful of cherries, pitted and cut in half
  • a few slices of lemon and lime cut into tiny triangles - follow the membrane as your guide
  • a handful of strawberries, diced
  • 2 shots of peach schnapps
  • club soda, ginger ale or selzer - added just before serving
  • ice cubes
This wine ended up being a little too tart so I threw in a splash of moscato that I had leftover in the fridge and used the ginger ale to add a touch of sweetness.  

Serve in wine glasses over ice. Be sure to hand out spoons to scoop up all the luscious "fruit cocktail!"  Enjoy!